Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

I had the opportunity to work on a photo shoot with the amazingly talented Morgan Slade from http://www.morgansladephotography.com/.  She wanted to do a military based photo shoot to honor those that are serving our country, those who have served and those that will serve in the future.

Seriously, aren't they are gorgeous couple? I am so proud to be an American and I'm so eternally grateful for all the millions of service men and women for everything they do and the sacrifices that they make. 




I also need to express how grateful I am to their families as well. As a wife and a mother, I cannot imagine how hard it would be to send my husband away, not knowing for sure when he will come back or even if he will come back. I can't imagine sending away my child to somewhere I know that I cannot do anything, besides pray (and pray a lot) to protect them.



We are all in debt to all those wonderful people that protect our lives and our freedom. Veterans deserve so much more than what we give them but for most of them, a simple "Thank you for your wonderful sacrifice and service" would suffice. They gladly served and would do it again if they were able. 



What does the flag mean to you? I have fond memories of putting my hand over my heart and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance-I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. I so wish that this was still recited in every school, from every person. It is so important to remember what the Flag means and everything that has been given to protect it. 

This Veteran's Day, and everyday from here on out, thank those service men and women that have done so much for us. Show them how grateful you are. Show them how much it means to you. They will recognize your sincerity and remember that they fight for people like you and people like me. 


Photo Credits
Event Planning: Cake for Two http://www.cakefor2.com
Bouquet and hair piece: Jen's Bowdacious Bowshttp://www.etsy.com/shop/jensbowdaciousbows
Hair and Make-UP: Lisa Frehner lisafrehnerhair.blogspot.com
Wedding Dress: Danielle's Bridal danielles-bridal-slc.com
Jewelry: You Name it by Sarah: https://www.etsy.com/shop/YouNameItbySarah?ref=si_shop
Photography: Morgan Slade Morgan Slade Photographywww.morgansladephotograpy.com/wp
Videography: Amber Green www.agreendesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment